Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

A quick self-assessment

If you’ve just completed a training course, please consider responding to the three self-assessment questions below. Your responses will help you and other participants to get a head start on the transfer of training process.

1. What have you learned? Write a brief summary of what you’ve learned.

2. How can you apply it? List one or two ways in which you can apply what you’ve learned in your professional practice.

3. What support do you need? Identify any support or additional information that you may need to apply what you’ve learned.

1. What have you learned? I have learned a lot in regards to marketing and publicity for my nursing institute. I have learned on the numerous amounts of different approaches to market the institute.

2. How can you apply it? I have been in the works of using different ideas stated in the course. We are producing a website that should be in full force by the end of the month. Also we are changing our marketing strategy in order to reach out to our ideal stuents.

3. What support do you need? I just need to do more reasearch on local advertisment. I need price quotes and more ideas to reach out to prospect students.

I have learned so many great ideas of marketing, setting up advisory boards and getting student interaction.

I can apply this information by meeting more frequently with advisory boards, students and faculty to evaluate the different programs.

I need to investigate prices for advertisement, and research more finanacial aid options.

1. I have learned about the different roles of members of a team and how they contribute to the common goals of the group.

2. I can apply what I've learned by assigning tasks & responsibilities based on each team members role.

3. I'll need the support of my superiors as well as the support of all team members.

I have learned that going back to basics is essential.  Sometimes we tend to forget the simple steps that made us successful in the beginning.

Observing yourself and observing your peers is important to ensure tried and successful tools are being utilized daily and consistently.

1. What have you learned? I learned that there are many components to being an effective admissions rep.  There are many tools that were explained that are very helpful in learning how to be more effective and have a better closing ratio.

2. How can you apply it? I can apply all that I learned and ensure that my team is also aware of some of the topics that were discussed. We are a school that is not yet accredited and many of these ideas will help overcome objections and assist with giving more options to the students.

3. What support do you need? I feel I have adequete support to be able to impliment the teachings that were set before me. 

• What have you learned? I have learned some alternative techniques to the ones I have been using to approach my prospects.

• How can you apply it?I will be applying everything that I have learned today to handle common objections, reset appointments that have not come in, and deliver powerful voice mails that will illicit a response!

• What support do you need? I feel as though with the thorough training, I have adequate support to be able to adapt these new techniques into my presentation.

• One of the great  things about this was even though I have been in higher education for 10 plus years .  You will always learn something new because of new rules and regulations.  Having this training allows me to stay compliant.  I also have a great company that supports in this manner.

Great insights!  It seems from most people I have worked with that training not only helps with compliance but effectiveness.  Nothing wrong with enrolling MORE of the right students.  A true win/win/win!  So how do we keep the learning going?

1. What have you learned? The biggest hting I have learned and to know the roles, know your business and do not lie.

2. How can you apply it? Continuing what I have been doing by enrolling with integrity.

3. What support do you need? Really just updated information from you all as it comes out..

@srmeers1 The one thing that comes to mind is that we have a whole different world out there. Our clients are smarter, they can also get info on-line at their disposal and they dont have to wait on us for information. Also its ok to ask some personal questions (probing questions  ) on the phone before the appt and that is not too intrusive.

I can apply it by asking alot more questions before booking the appt and not rushing through my initial call.

Support is not necessary but it is nice to hear how other admissions people had objections.

@Renella :Hi Denise.  You have a lot of great insights here!  Today's student definitely are different and need the services an admissions professional can bring - just in a different way.  With a tremendous shortage of guidance and counseling assistance, the admissions professional of the future needs to play a vital role in helping prospective students through discovery and decision making.  Thank you for serving the sector!

Sign In to comment