Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Improving Teamwork | Origin: AD107

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic:

Connecting with Today's Students --> Improving Teamwork

Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post questions and comments too.

I learned with this segment to be very conscious of my team and how they look at things.  Together we can change weaknesses to strenghts and work through any problem or area that might need improvement. 

I learned that everyone has a role on the team and we need to value those strengths in each individual to get where we want to be as a team.

I learned to embrace the benefits and the deficits of each team member type. By doing so, we can build processes that allow the various roles to thrive.

Working in teams will help everyone learn, grow, and benefit the company

Everyone in a team has a resource that the team can learn from or benefit from.

Very important to work as a team to be able to bring in new ideas, undestand our roles and be able to grow.

I learned that everyone in my team has a special role that we can all learn from. 

Everyone has a different role on the team, and each person has the ability to bring positive contributions. 

All members contribute to the team and it looks different among the members. Group trust also helps create that cohesion to accomplish goals.

Everyone has a role in a team. Each has a value as well as challenges. The key is to accept those challenges and move forward as a group

It is important to identify and strenthen weaknesses in teamwork.

Every individual has a role in the team. There are 9 characteristics that were broken down to 3 roles: action oriented, people oriented and thought oriented. 

I appreciate the awarness and value the importance of team work. Being aware of strengths and areas of copportunity create an optimal and more efficient working enrviornment. 

Workplace must value teamwork.  Its a great tool and when used correctly it can do geat things for the workplace.

It's interesting how they are a lot of characteristics of team Roles. 

Teamwork can be improved when each person of the team is able to find how they fit. You may be a Plant on one team and a Shaper in the other.

We have all heard and use the saying that 'Teamwork makes the dream work'. This modules really holds true to that adage. Also important to know what role we play in our teams and the flexibility of being in a team which is dynamic and adaptable 

This is very interesting. I had a time to self-evaluate and it seems I identify from each category (Action/People/Thought oriented), I think this would be a fun exercise to do with students, it really highlights some of key focus areas that might need some attention or further development. I consider myself a complete finisher but I will have to engage in better tactics to help me delegate more work out and also, to worry less. 

I do love working in teams/ or groups. I love feeding off the different people and boucning around ideas and sharing feedback. 

Sign In to comment