Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Statistics

Where, if anywhere, can I find statistics on lead effectiveness between various publications? For example, the workshop stated that there is a greater success on lead generation with employment publications compared to daily newspapers. My experience shows that employment publications are a complete waste of resources, whereas the newpapers generate adequate leads.

Nino, I am not aware of anywhere you can go to find specific statistics regarding this matter, however, our experience has been that you can increase the quality of the lead you are generating in employment publications by changing the message of your creative. This is not to say that this will always hold true, employment publications may not be the answer for you, however, we have always found employment pubs to be a great source of high quality, low cost lead generation for a variety of different clients. Make sure your newspaper rep is aware of your frustrations to ensure better placement and work on your creative message to weed out low quality leads.

John,
What kind of schools have gotten good results from employment publications? We have found our results to be the same as Nino. Over the years we have tried many different employment publications, inside and on the outside cover and the leads are few and low quality. I'm wondering if certain type of institutions appeal to the readership better than others.
Shelly

Hi Shelly,
We have actually experienced solid success for many different schools all over the country in employment publications. In fact, it is rare that we don't experience success for a client in employment publications. I highly recommend you being very honest and direct with employment pub reps about past results in order to negotiate great placement and a very aggressive rate as there are great deals out there to be had with employment pubs. Make sure that you are really looking at what the competition is running so that you can create something that will stand out. If traditional ads in employment pubs aren't working well, I would recommend testing inserts and asking for free advertorials to run at the same time. Good luck!

John

John, I couldn't agree with you more. We have had great success, both in the number and quality of leads, by using inserts along with half and quarter page ads in our weekly employment publication. In fact, we rarely use our daily metro paper due to high cost and poor results.

Glad you're seeing those results, Paul.
As circulation of local daily metro papers receeds, and news readers turn to the Internet to find information, employment publications won't see as much of a recession as they're still a viable source of information for those interested in changing their lives by getting a new career via education.
I would recommend to continue to test various sizes in the employment publications used. Generally we don't see lead flow increased relatively when increasing from a quarter page to a full page. If you can maintain the same quantity of leads with lower cost ads, then you'll have more spending available to test another employment publication (if available) and cast a wider net.

Sign In to comment