Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Publicity Course

I really liked this course. YOu can always learn something new. I had the opportunity to see how things we are actually doing can be turn into news. There were also many strategies that dont require a big investment. Thanks!

Well said, Jessica. Thanks. Once the PR concepts are in place they become automatic. And you are right, there are a lot of newsworthy things happening on campus. And you never know when the media has an open spot and is looking for some news.
Thanks
Susan

Is always good to now how things are done rather than being a part of it without knowing how it works. This course is very helpful and it really inspired me.

Thanks, Fiorella. Now the challenge is to decide what works for you, create a plan and budget, get some assistance, put in ways to measure results, and work on publicity consistently and continually. Let us know your results. Best wishes, Susan

Hi Jessica,

I really liked the course too, and wish that the workbook was included in the cost of the course. We have tried many of the strategies listed in the course and have varying results. The best by far is word of mouth, but generating this type of marketing is tough and takes time. We are concentrating our latest efforts in direct marketing since we have a better idea of our target market. Press releases have worked for us in the past but the publications that print our PR is hit-or-miss.

Chris Masters

HI Chris and Jessica
Publicity does work and helps with word of mouth and getting the name of your school into the community and seen as a resource. It does take consistency and continuity in sending press releases, news, etc. and planning events to keep your name out there. 90% is in planning. Once done an admin can handle the day to day. It does work.
Best wishes
Susan

I feel the same way. I have so many new ideas it's just a matter of implementing them. We're starting with new signage. Then we will start networking with our professional community. Lots to do but exciting.

Christi -

Yes Christine, the good news is that there are sooo many publicity strategies that really work. You can do them all if you have a full time person assigned to set them up. Then it would only take 10 hours a week to implement them. Or you can prioritize as it appears you are doing. Signs and networking are important. Then there will be something else. Good luck, Susan

Sign In to comment