Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Assesment

Definitely a very important part in the Marketing Plan is evaluation. You will never find out if you are being effective. At our institution we always ask prospects who call or walk ins, how they heard about us. With that info I prepare a report that has help us to maximize our advertising budget.

We also give a survey to all our students on the last day of their courses. That gives us feedback about what we are doing right or wrong and is a very important tool for retention.

At the time you are developing your marketing plan, is important to establish your goals and how you are going to measure your achievements.

Hi Jessica
Yes, building in evaluation processes is vital to any thing and everything. You never know how you are really doing until you look at the facts. Of course gut feelings are good to add to the information. Instead of waiting until the end of the program to get student feedback, have you considered surveying them mid way? At mid point you can make some changes if needed.
Best wishes
Susan

Hello Susan! Thanks for your great feedback. We haven't tough about doing the student surveys on the middle of the course but we are going to give it some thinking.

We do have a Suggestion Box available for them all year long.

HI Jessica
How effective is the suggestion box? Does it get good suggestions or mostly complaints? I'm curious. Thanks

Ususally ist is much complaints. We also have student representative mmeetings every 5 weeks. Students representative gather suggestions from the other students in their class and then every 5 weeks they have a meeting with tha Campus Director and the Director of Students Services.

I have not participated in this meetings, even tought I think important issues are discussed

Hi Jessica

You might want to stop by a meeting if you are able. It would be interesting to know how the information is disseminated. Also how it is used to implement change.
Thanks
Susan

I like the idea of the suggestion box Jessica. Within our curriculum I believe we make the same mistake of waiting until the end of the program for the students to evaluate the school facilities and staff. I would LOVE to encourage our Director to implement an opportunity for our students to evaluate around Mid Terms.

Hi Jeff
Good points about encouraging students to provide feedback at any time rather than wait until the end of their course or program. Students have a lot of great ideas about how everything in a career school can be improved. So it is important to catch them when they are thinking of the great idea or when they are having problems that need to be addressed. A suggestion box is great. Also at the end of each class students can be encouraged to write and even leave an assessment or feedback note about how the day went and how it could be better. Encourages critical thinking and personal responsibility too. Thanks, Susan

Sign In to comment