Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Advisory Boards

I have had an effective advisory board that seems to always bring a fresh approach to areas of concern for the school.

I only meet once a year, print an agenda so they can think about their response, stick to the timeline and agenda, and then I feed them. The last part may be the most important.:-)

HI Janet
Great points. Advisory boards are vital. If selected well you get a lot of great advice. And yes, you have to motivate participants to attend. Food is great. Also suggest you have online meetings or conference calls. Once a year meetings aren't enough in our opinion.
Good luck, Susan

Janet,

We do a similar thing where we meet with them twice a year at the school. It gives them an opportunity to help us by giving us free advice with regards to the programs we offer. It also gives them an opportuntiy to recruit and hire great employees directly from our classroom. Its a win-win scenario.

Regards,

Nancy

Hi Nancy and Janet
Yes, advisory boards can provide plenty of free advice that would cost a lot in terms of money, time, and expertise. We suggest having advisory board "meetings" more than a a few times a year. Via blogs, conference calls, and chat rooms you can stay in communication all year long. And get their expert ideas and feedback on an on-going basis.
Best wishes
Susan

Sign In to comment