Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Advisory Boards, website, etc

Most of our traditional advertising is done through our central office and in someways is beyond our control. Therefore, we like to put our energies into things we have direct control over such as our website, promotional events/material, advisory boards, etc. We have a couple fo people on staff who are very creative and have the technical ability to create great promotional assetts. For example, we conduct bimonthly Gaming tournaments for which we create fliers that are distributed in our high school presentations and in the local community. These fliers have gotten noticed and our attendance at these events has gone up every time we run one. We had 40 prospective students at our last event. Even if they don't come to school here, it is 40 more young people spreading word of mouth about our school.

Of interest, our most creative force also runs our advisory boards and updates our website. She makes a huge contribution to the school. I think I will let her know how much I appreciate her again today. I will not give her name because she is not on the market!

Drew

Hi Drew
Really great ideas. What you are demonstrating is that there are a lot of techniques to get the word out about your school and get word of mouth referral in action. Many schools are the best kept secret in the community because they only focus on leads. Getting known in the community is easy. Just takes consistently doing something to let people know you are there. You have a lot of great things in place.
Best wishes
Susan

Sign In to comment