Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Signs are a great idea

I think i will look into more signs on buses/trains in our area. Seems like a great idea.

Hi Carleen

Yes, signs and signage is very important. You might want to look at your own school building. Is there a sign visible from the street? The sidewalk? In the lobby? Magentic signs can be placed on cars and get your message out all over town. Bill boards are great. Kind of expensive but maybe there are other schools that would like to go in on the cost. Lots of ways to be creative with signs.
Best wishes
Susan

The importance of signs is neglected in my school. We do not have uniform signs at each campus nor do we have adequate internal signage. I am going to make a valiant attempt at getting the signage updated and uniform!

We're also starting transit ads on buses and bus shelters...can't wait to see how it works!

marci

HI Marci

The bus ads are great. But sounds like time and dollars would be spent better on campus signage. No point getting people interested in going to your school if they can't find it. Or if they get frustrated in finding the right office once they get to school. Sometimes there are really easy changes that can get great results.
Best wishes
Susan

Our school had a small sign, we are now looking into a sign on the road side of our building.

Hi Patrice

One test is to pretend you are new to the area and looking for your school. Are the directions good? Can signs be seen from the street? What about when you get into the building. Are there signs to get you right to your school? If you are in an office building or shopping center, signs tell your neighbors there is a school in the area. Maybe you can enroll employees working in the area who want to change jobs!
Best wishes
Susan

We've done ads in the morning newspapers that are free on busses and commuter trains with great results. Students are always looking for a bargain, and when stuck on a train or a bus they are a captive audience. Keeping the details simple (large single image, URL, phone number, course description) seems to work the best. We put fields in our enquiry databases to help us determine which lines or buses seemed to work the best and which ones weren't. Suprisingly enough, the areas further away from many of the campuses were more successful as they were further out from the city center and thus a longer commute resulting in a higher chance of them seeing our ad.

Our school currently has a large sign on the building to promote the business. But I do like the suggestion of Carleen of signs on buses/trains. The metrobus has spaces on the buses for advertising. I believe that will promote good advertising in a busy mode of transportation here in Miami.

Signage is very important. Ideally you have a school sign on your building and signs to direct peoeple to get to your school hassle free. There is nothing more annoying to a prospective student than not being able to find the school! They will probably turn around and go home. Bus signs are great. They tend to cost a lot so you might want to measure bus signs against other marketing efforts that might get more results. Thanks, Susan

I will take into consideration on that point. I have not priced the bus signage yet but I will still look into other methods of advertising.

You may find it's a high cost compared to results. Measuring quality and quantity of results is the only way you'll know that any strategy works or doesn't.

Sign In to comment