Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

What is working, what is not, and proposed change

The school teaches medical transcription online. Approximately every 3 months, we hold a face-to-face information session and publicize with the professional organization, potential students who have inquired about the program (if local) and local newspapers. These have been done using a PowerPoint presentation with question-and-answer session following. I have conducted these either by myself and with having a current student and graduate of the program.

More admissions come when the current student and graduate also make presentations. At these sessions, they field most of the questions.

The website for the program with the testimonials also is effective.

Just one-time ads in the newspapers have been expensive and have not produced very good results. Of course, this is always hard to determine how effective since it could possibly have long range effect.

Some changes after completing this module will be to get better demographics about the students, improve my contact list and keep it current,and plan an effective marketing strategy.

After reviewing different avenues of advertising in print, I've found that daily newspapers vs smaller local papers that are more specific in their purpose are generally more expensive and less effective. I learned this by broadening prospective avenues in print when funds were limited. The key is to keep brain storming ideas and not to put all of you eggs in one basket. Keep your eyes open to opportunities so that you don't limit your company or get stuck in expensive markets with minimal results.

Hi Christie

You said it perfectly. The goal is to keep measuring every way you advertise. What is the quality of the leads as well as quantity? How much does each lead cost in relation to enrollment and cost of the advertising. In addition to having data help make decisions, constant brain storming is a must. Where is the low hanging fruit - the students just waiting to be asked to enroll? It doesn't have to cost a lot to reach qualified applicants. You have to be smart. Thanks, Susan

Sign In to comment