Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

The introductory module provided a great overview of what to expect in the future modules as well as the objectives. Further, defining "global competency" is a interesting shift from the terminology of preparing for a global economy. Further, I like the emphasis on focus on having students review their own perspective vs. that of others - it is also nice tie into diversity, equity and inclusion. 

I like how global competence is defined with the skills in module #1. I do believe that it has become a requirement to prepare our students to be more globally aware so that they are better prepared for the working in a global economy, but also so that they can become more empathetic to other cultures around the world.  We need to prepare our students to better understand how the interactive experiences they create are received by different cultures. 

In my Interactive Design courses we teach visual communication and in order for it to be successful, students need to understand the cultural norms and expectations when it comes to visual communication in different areas around the world.  

This introductory module was exciting for me to investigate. I am challenged by this module to investigate the multitude of available resources for both instructors and students. Bringing awareness of global strategy, culture, diversity, acceptance, adaptation and constant change will invite critical and strategic thinking for students, faculty, staff, administration--whoever is involved in developing conversations and learning opportunities. Creating connections and promoting collaboration that is globally centered will help prepare students to be better "citizens of the world."

The introduction to preparing community college students for a global economy was intriguing and I can't wait to learn more. Through just the introduction I realized how much I reference  global topics in class. I hope this training will help me articulate to the students the importance of global competence and the pivotal role it can play in their future. 

I am excited to learn more about global skills and be able to have connections to further student engagement outside of our own community. This module helped me to think about what I can do now to start a discussion about how global skills are important in all employment. I am looking forward to connecting this information to my marketing and photography classes. Empathy, interest in learning and engaging in other cultures, and innovation are all valuable skills for employment opportunities.

I was excited to see the many different areas this program will encompass. I didn't realize it would be so comprehensive. I'm especially interested to learn more about working with industry partners and with the virtual exchange. 

I am excited to be a part of this awesome team. I view myself as a global citizen, as I enjoy exploring and learning about other cultures, reading their history, and understanding their customs.

I gained a deeper understanding of global competency in the introductory module. Global competency means having the knowledge and skills to understand and engage effectively in our diverse and interconnected world. It's about respecting and appreciating different cultures, staying informed about global issues, and being able to communicate and collaborate with people from all over the world. It also involves critical thinking, problem-solving, and ethical decision-making in a global context. In a nutshell, it's about being a responsible and effective global citizen who can navigate the challenges and opportunities of our globalized society.

I am looking forward to this course and I am excited about identifying key components that I can include in my Business courses. This module helped me put a focus on international employment and how to engage the students in these areas. Creating global competence in the classroom sounds great and I look forward to the experience.

The Introductory Module provided a comprehensive foundation in grasping Global Competency and its critical role in future workplaces. Observing the shift in educational paradigms towards fostering "communication, connection, and collaboration" on an international level was fascinating. By arming students with the ability to function and interact globally, we can significantly enrich their educational path and future career opportunities. As the program chair of the Simulation and Game Development program, I recognize the vital importance of global learning within our discipline. Consequently, our objective is to incorporate global learning projects into our curriculum to the greatest extent feasible.

Sign In to comment