Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Engaging Industry Partners for International Success

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic:

Engaging Industry Partners for International Success 

Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post questions and comments too.

Much of what was stated in this module was things that we already do through our advisory committee.  We could definitely shift to have more of a global perspective with our advisroy committee.

Jim brings up a good point.  Our advisory committee guides what we teach and what students lack and this is probably where I should request feedback on this topic.

I agree.  We could certainly shift to have more of a global perspective with our advisory committee.  Over the past years, we have been working with our industry partners and implimented a hospitality international internship program (both inbound and outbound).  The pademic put the program on pause. 

The TPM six strategies for building a talent supply chain sound viable.  The approach of organizing Employer Collaborative can be a great start. But to make it happen it takes a coordinated effort.  The Chamber of Commerce Hawaii did launch a Hawaii2Work: Securing Tomorrow's Workforce Today inivitives.  I suppose I'll need to take a closer look at it. 

The business community input is an invaluable resource that elevates learning.  I have been reaching out more to industry leaders to come and deliver presentations to my students and they have been well recieved.  

This was extremely helpful. We have models of creating writing courses for specific organizations; this could be one model we could use for engaging with partnerships. But even shy of that, I can see creating writing/research projects that have students investigating these things on their own -- such as analyzing annual reports for evidence of the global competencies that might be needed by those organizations.

Our business department has build multiple partnerships with local companies that have global ties.  Even so, this module shows areas that we can improve and a comprehensive approach to doing so.

I am glad to see that critical thinking and problem solving are mentioned in this module.  I have always been a proponent of students taking classes in creative disciplines because they are an excellent to learn creative problem solving.  Tech skills are a lot easier to learn than it is to learn how to come up with an original solution to a unique problem.  

This module provided a very useful framework to help guide me in my next proposal.  We have a Advisory board made of many partners mentioned in the module.  However, I'm hoping to expand global education into our other college's CTE programs through a new grant.  

To engage industry partners for international success in my courses, I will proactively reach out to companies with a global presence or those interested in expanding internationally. Collaborating with these industry partners, I will integrate real-world projects or case studies into the curriculum, providing students with opportunities to tackle international business challenges. Additionally, I will invite guest speakers from diverse industries to share insights and perspectives on global trends and best practices. By forging partnerships with industry leaders, students will gain valuable insights, practical skills, and networking opportunities, enhancing their readiness for success in the global marketplace.

Sign In to comment