Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Defining Community Resources | Origin: LC102

What are some current school programs or potential school activities that could be enhanced with greater community engagement?

Some current school programs or potential school activities that could greatly benefit community enhancement are metnoring programs and job shadowing.

Student work based learning opportunities would greatly benefit from more community engagement.

For the last 6 years we have put on a career fair for our student body with local businesses talking about the potential and jobs in the related fields and some that are also hiring on the spot.

Our student work based learning programs would benefit from more community engagement.  It would help to find an authentic audience for our PBLs.  In addition, there are a lot of jobs available in the community without applicants, creating the connection can help place more of our students in the workforce right when they leave us.

Our ag program and woods program both would benefit from more community involvement.

Open houses and tours of CTE facilities with students and industry leaders.Community projects with current CTE programs is also a key way of engagement.

Teacher professional development, student interships, field trips, client-conected project based learning.

We have been discussing the idea of giving students the opportunity to work on their interview skills.  I would love to set up a way for local businesses to come in for these interviews and give the students feedback.  

I think any community involvement is a benefit to students, and we try to do this in many ways.  A new way I would like to explore is the idea of having our core curriculum teachers participate in a summer internship at a local business to have the opportunity to see how their class content connects to the workplace and incorporate that knowledge/application when teaching the content to students.

The sooner students are involved in positive community changes, the better the community. So important to infuse youthful perspectives in building what our communities look like

Sign In to comment