Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I was not surprised that there were this many different rules. I believe the multiple rules make it more diffucult to find an answer.

I was not surprised as I have worked with Perkins at both the LEA and State level.  I think the hard part is for the LEAs to understand the role of the state in the guidance and regulatory pieces in awarding dollars, and even though they are federal dollars, the state is required to follow the regulations that come with the money or else all of the state money awarded through the grant is in jeopardy.

I was not suprised.  I knew there was a lot that went into Perkins.

It did not surprise me as I have been around Perkins and heard my admin and other coworkers talk about it. I think one of the challenges of Perkins at an LEA/State level is the varying needs and wants of districts. I think about rural, metro, suburban, secondary, post-secondary, economic differences, etc. of all the different LEAs in my state. Their approach to working within all the rules and regulations is different and the state must work with them/assist for the best support for that LEA's students. 

I was not suprised at the rules. I have been dealing with Perkins funding as a CTE admin for awhile. My state provides coordinators for portions of the state that do a good job with the who, what, when and why as well as the DO NOTS. 

No it is not a surprise to me.  I have dealt with Perkins funding for years

No, I wasn't surprised. I have worked with Perkins for several years and continue to navigate through the rules. 

I was not surprised as I have been immersed in Perkins for the last year.  Any governing enitity over funds will have accountabillity requirements.  They want a good return on their investment.  

There is no surprise for the many regulations for the Perkins funding.  Due to the multiple layers of Perkins fund distribution and the management is not the same as other Federal programs that are given directly to the institution instead of through the state's department of education, many in leadership roles that are not directly involved in the Perkins processes do not realize the volume of regulations that must be followed.

No surprise of the rules and regulations related to spending the grant. Federal and state money always seem to have regulations. However, this information was informative as I am fairly new to the grant. 

It is not surprising.  Any time you receive funding from the government there will be regulations that need to be followed.  

I wasn't surprised.  It's important that regulations be set forth to ensure the funds are being used appropriately. 

No, it did not surprise me. These are taxpayer dollars. You must document and follow strict guidelines. 

I am not surprised by the regulations of Perkins fund spending. However, it does seem difficult to navigate all of the information.

I was not surprised at all. With a program of this size, there must be checks and balances. However, it can be very challenging on the local level to understand the regulations without proper training.

No, I wasn't surprised at the rules.  However, after seeing the links to the statutes and regs, I am surprised there isn't more ongoing PD.  I also am intrigued to learn more about how we can blend together industry funding, school budgets, and the Perkins grant to maximize programs.

No, I would be shocked if there were not guidelines when spending grant funding.

No, I was not surprised by the distribution rules relating to Perkins funding.

I did not find it surprising, but when I work on the application, I find it overwhelming.  Navigating the ins and outs of the federal regulations and the state's regulations can be burdensome, and I believe the state must update its plan in 2024, so changes will probably be coming.

Sign In to comment