Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Making Sense of Federal Rules | Origin: LC160

Did it surprise you to learn how many different rules apply to the Perkins program? How do you think the challenges of navigating multiple sets of rules might affect program implementation?

No it did not surprise me, it is expected that there would be oversight on how funds are to be spent, at the state and local level, as well. 

No, surprise when it comes to federal grant "red tape" and "strings".

No, it is not surprising that there are multiple rules and regulations that apply to federal grants such as the Perkins program.  The biggest challenge may be the process of educating all administrators to ensure they have a strong foundation in these rules and regulations as they implement their programs. 

No, I was not surprised. The government never distributes funds without creating accountability for the management of those funds. Understanding all of the checks and balances that come with the distribution of funds is difficult. It requires organization and accountability within the LEA.

No, I was aware of this information. 

No, I was not surprised by this information.

I was not surprised. For implementation, it does take time to understand where to seek information when questions arise. 

No, it was not a surprise that there are many rules that govern the spending of federal funds.  The challenge comes in navigating the many rules and making sure the state policies align with all federal rules as well and then educating administrators on all of the necessary rules.

No, I have worked with Perkins as a CTE teacher for 18 years so I was aware of the numerous rules. The rules do put limits on what a program can and cannot do. For example, the rules may restrict one from buying something he or she really needs (e.g. student computer chairs).

No, I was not surprised.

No, the number of ruls/regulations set forth by the federal government nevver surprise. However, the craziness of all the restraints makes it much harder to purchase the necessary equipment and materials that may be needed/necessary to run a program effectively and efficiently.

No, I was not surprised as well. The multiplicity of federal and state rule sets is complex and extensive, making it a challenging task to  anyone who interact with the grant. 

It did not surprise me.  Although I struggle to feel like I know them all well. Rules are very complex, but rules are made for a reason. 

No, it idid not surprise me.  I feel like small subrecipients may determine the rules are too numberous and complex to manage versus the funds they receive.

I was not surprised.  As a grant, I knew there would be rules and regulations.  With Perkins, the need to follow these is key to the continued growth of our programs.  No Perkin could = program changes.

I was not surpised that Perkins had rules and regulations but when I clicked on the different links, I was overwhelmed by the number of pages in the documents like the program statute, ED regulations, etc. It's a lot of information to know and understand.

No, it did not surprise me. Any time the government is giving money, they are a lot of rules to follow. 

It is not suprising that there are so many rules governing Perkins funding. I would expect with the amount of funding available, there would be specific regulatory guidelines. 

No, it did not suprise me having worked through the Perkins regulations for a number of years.  The biggest factor with Perkins is this is a federal program, but individually managed by each state.

Sign In to comment