Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

at least 25% of students have experienced sexual trauma with the vast majority of these cases being unreported. It is crucial that we recognize this disconnect when identifying concerns about student experience.  

There are many ways that trauma can materialize in the classroom, in behaviors that seem disconnected to trauma, but are often behavior-based. Teachers can learn to recognize this as trauma-related and react accordingly. 

Identifying the Four Fs in Trauma is important so that educators can respond accordingly

Understanding triggers from our students can be so challenging because they are often times so similar to other issues going on for the student. Creating a safe place for all students is so crucial! 

I like having the different types of trauma delimitated and described.

Trauma, causes and symptoms, affects of trauma

I learned about the 4 F's of trauma response. I was familiar with the freeze, flight, fight responses, but hadn't heard of the fawn response before.  I've seen and experienced the fawn response before. Now I know the name!

Trauma can be labeled as follows: acute, chronic, complex, and vicarious. 

75% of educators exhibit at least mild stress symptoms suggesting PTSD related to their teaching duties. All the more reason for the mental support provided by a number of districts as a benefit and resource.

Sign In to comment