Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Meetings

What meetings do you attend to learn more about your job, admissions policies, regulatory requirements, and your institution?

Here at our location we have several meetings that we are required to attend;
Product knowledge training,
Documents and privacy issues classes,
as well as mock admissions trainings.

Best Regards
Kevin

Kevin,
Mock admission trainings are awesome. You can get into scenarios and how to handle them.
Patty Aronoff

I attend weekly and /or monthly Admissions meeting to keep up to date with current industry standards.

It is very important to attend to all the meetings as much as possible, that way you are up to date on what is going on with the institution.

We have weekly team meetings where our Director provides us with any relavent information about the job. He sometimes brings in other departments to provide us with new information also.

The institution has weekly meetings to reinforce and update rules and regulations, and discuss issues that arise.

Craig,
Regular meetings are a must in order for us to be on the same page and keep communication strong.

Patty Aronoff

Susana,

Agreed! Some people hate meetings, others enjoy them. The key is to keep them productive.

Patty Aronoff

Joel,

Very good! Inviting others to your meetings is a great way to bring people together and learn from each other.

Patty Aronoff

Hello Kevin,

I truly believe that mock trainings are a great tool for admissions. In a previous school I have had good and bad experiences with mock trainings the key is that a facilitator must set up proper boundaries before allowing the scenario to play out. for example a seasoned rep asking new reps about an advanced problem that the new representative may or may not have trained for. " accepting credits from an unaccredited school". This would prove to only lessen the reps confidence in his or her abilities.

Since I am located at an off-campus site, I attend weekly meetings through an online forum. This allows all off campus personnel to get up-to-date information at the same time. This also allows us to interact with each other and discuss situations that we've encountered in order to problem solve as a team. Additionally main campus hosted a three day retreat in the fall to cover institution changes and new policies, and to provide team building exercises so we could learn to work together in the most effective way.

I ATTEND MY FRIDAY AFTERNOON MEETINGS. OUR SUPERVISOR GOES OVER ANY CHANGES, WE DISCUSS OR ADMISSIONS FORCAST,ANY RULES OR REQUIREMENTS THAT MAY HAVE BEEN CHANGED OR REENFOCRED. WE ALSO DO DICUSS ANYTHING WITHIN THE INSTITUTION THAT MAY BE AFFECTING US IN ANY WAY OR JUST THINGS THAT WE NEED TO KNOW.

It is a little more difficult with my situation as I'm at an off-campus military site, 650 miles from main campus. We do however have department meetings via Fuze, every other Monday. We get to see the faces of our peers and discuss any issues we have, ask questions to the dept heads and hear about new policies that are taking place.

Fortunately our institution is great about having a lot of people that we can contact at main campus as resourses. Many of them have been with the university for a long time and are subject matter experts in their department. Actually the univeristy encourages us to Skype one another, so generally speaking getting a response is quicker than one would expect.

Weekly progress meetings, report meetings, refer to compliance training and manuals as well as employee handbooks.

We have three meetings a week here within our own Admissions office to update everyone in the office about what each of us is working on and to learn anything new from the other departments on campus. Further, we have a weekly video conference with our two sister schools and our central services office. Communication here is great!

Michael,
Excellent! Meetings should be held regularly to make sure everyone is informed and on the same page.

Patty Aronoff

Wendy,

Technology today affords us the opportunity to have meetings through the web. Your retreat is an opportunity to bring everyone together that may not have had the oopportunity to meet in person. Both are a way to keep teams working together.

Patty Aronoff

nicole,

Regular meetings keep us focused and on task. Since we have goals in admissions, it is important for the team to know where they are and what the goals are. Cheering each other on with successes and assisting the team in meeting the goals is part of this process.

Patty Aronoff

Beth,

Cool! Skype is certainly the new way to communicate. You are actually seeing people and communicating face-to-face.

Patty Aronoff

Sign In to comment