Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Nina,
You could also add the accrediting agency's requirements.

Georgia,
Having the admissions training and reviewing the state regulations will certainly help you in your operation of your school. Best of luck!

Cheree,
Thank you for the feedback and best to you in your endeavors.

You're right, Nathan. There is a lot of information to keep at hand. That makes for a heavy resource book. I wonder if we could create an electronic book...

Nina,
An electronic resource certainly can be a way to store the information. Most prospective students like to "see it in writing!"

I can appreciate the amount of knowledge and the amount of work that is required of an agent. The resources notebook will become a valuable tool for them.

The Agent's requirements are complex, detailed, and important to know. The course has been an eye-opener, as I hadn't much foreknowledge relative to Agents!

Sondra,
Good communication can be a lifesaver. Asking questions keeps everyone sharp.

Patty, FINE work. These times require not only rigorous training but also focused recruitment of fit, enthusiastic and committed men and women who are willing to dedicate themselves for work in a new technological milieu. As learning platforms become more sophisticated and eFaculty more comfortable with the technology, I believe there must also be a paradigm shift for those who would represent institutions' rapidly changing environments and the constituencies which they would serve...competently, professionally, ethically.

Steve,
Thank you for your feedback. I agree with your statements. Unfortunately, some become complacent in their work due to their longevity in the position. Learning never stops and new questions are always at our doorsteps. Good luck to you in your endeavors.

I feel very confident in my current knowledge and am grateful for this course as I am now well-rounded in my role. There is a lot of valuable information to learn here. Thanks!

Janet,
Thank you for your feedback. Good luck in your endeavors.

It is essential to stay on top of the current statistics, policies and regulations of the instituition you are employed by. You must,to in-turn deliver to prospective students and their buying committee the very best service.

James,
Service is top priority, along with full disclosure! It is important not to mislead and answer all your prospective student's questions or direct them to the right person.

I think that I still have a lot to learn in order to be a more effective agent for the school and prospective student.

This is often an issue when dealing with students who have a language barrier or come from an area that has a high non high school grad rate. They are often unsure of what was said so you need to ensure you expalin it thourghly and as simply as possible. My rule of thumb is to use wording that a middle schooler would know and understand.

Jefferson,
It is always best to keep it simple. I find that many people do not understand the difference between accreditation and state licensure. Having the client repeating it back to you will also assist you in developing a clear understanding.

I knew that we used agents at our campus however I did not know the scope of all the regulatory compliance for which they had to maintain. Now that I do know I am that much more confident that what they do is always in the best interest of the student.

Martin,
Having your admissions personnel complete the training and agents licensed is a sure way to the road of compliance.

I feel I have a better understanding of what a Agent's knowledge should be regarding this institution

Sign In to comment