Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

The Agent's Requirements

There is alot to know. Where is the training located that agents have to take? It could be beneficial for all at the school not just agents that are away.

I think I intuitively knew some of these things were expected of me in my role. I didn't know, however, exactly what was expected and how to go about obtaining that information. I feel affirmed that I have been doing the right thing and that moving forward, I will continue to be consistent and compliant.

This is the training in essence. The rule stipulates that a training program be completed in order to submit for approval to be an agent. Once you present this certificate, this program is approved by the Commission to act as your agent training program.

For more information on this you can contact the Commission for Independent Education Consumer Affairs Manager, Patty Aronoff. 850-245-3200.

Thanks!

Excellent.

I agree. Staying compliant is the main goal. There is a lot of info to retain. By doing monthly follow ups it's beneficial to staying compliant and knowing of any changes made by the commission

Good to know what is required to be an agent and stay active

Absolutely. Read the regulations regularly; from year to year some rules change.

My feelings are that I'm glad that I NOW KNOW THE REQUIREMENTS EVEN MORE and now I'm more informed on what is required . I'm not overwhelmed but excited , and releived to know alot of things(most) I was doing correct and the rest I will make immediate changes and again excited to see the results. THANKS!

There is alot of resposibility for the Agent. Glad to have the resources and knowledge to study and stay up to date on the latest rules and regulations. This course is very informative and has given me the tools I need to organize rules, regulations, admissions materials, and all of our institutions pertinent latest information.

There is alot of info available to stay aware of. I enjoyed putting together the Resource book to help stay organized and well informed. I can be a more valuable asset to our organization with the info I've learned. Thank you.

I have been in the industry for 5 years, so though this is godd information and solid review, very little is new to me.

A good deal of these regulations do not actually apply to me, as I am not an Agent. However, most of it is nevertheless good, common sense practice. I found it a very good review, and I am inplementing some of these things at our school, because they just make sense!
Good course- thanks very much!

The Agent has a huge responsibility. They are requird to be familiar with every department of the College. It seems like it is important for the Agent to refer to those experts before giving to many details, as regulations change so frequently within each department.

It was very informative and I waill apply everything that I learned to the program that I direct.

Being an admission representative or an agent is an extremely difficult position. Many individuals outside of the educational community believe that it is a "sales" job, when it is not. For the job you need to be highly knowledgable about a number of difficult topics, including regulations (at state, regulatory body and accrediating body levels), internal policies, educational components, etc. It is not about selling, but about informing the consumer (applicant) about your program and identifying whether the program is a proper fit for both parties. The fair consumer policies must be strictly followed!

It is apparent the Agent has many responsibilities however taking a course like this early on would be beneficial in starting on the right track. The Resource Notebook is valuable and essential in the Agents training.

Agents need to know a lot! They have to be on top of everything to make sure that the institution is in compliance.

I feel that it is crucial for the agent to be involved and proactive in the student's enrollment and progress in the institution. Knowing and educating oneself is the best way to do this in the state of Florida.

If you would have asked me this question almost 6 years ago; I would have felt a bit overwhelmed with the requirements. However, nowadays I can honestly say I am comfortable with all the requirements and feel confident to admit that I have learned alot throughout the years. I am glad to see that not much has changed but that rules and regulations remain enforced for the greater good.

Christine Carrasquillo

Itis more than just a sales job. we have allot of responsibilities that allow us to interact and be knowledgable many different departments.

Sign In to comment