Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I have a good knowledge about my institution and each department, and I always share my knowledge with my co workers, but I'm going to sit in a class to have more knowledge about how are our classes in classroom.

Olga,
Excellent idea! Sitting in on classes is a great way to learn more about the student experience.

Patty Aronoff

Niambi,

Students need to be aware of any requirements of licensure or certification to work in our particular industry.

Patty Aronoff

Allyson,

I would recommend that you also become familiar with the rules and regulations of the Florida Board of Nursing.

Patty Aronoff

Our institution is very small, this allows me to be involved in almost every aspect of its operations:

Marketing: I was involved in the creation of the flyer and the setup of the association’s website information for the introduction of our services

Courses: I teach some of the courses and was directly involved I the development of the curriculums.

Admissions: Presently I am taking this course in order to comply with the Commission for Independent Education. We do not have a license and decided to use your course as the training program for the future admissions personnel.

Placement: We do not offer this service. The students that come to us are either already employed and are looking for additional licensing (fiber optics, OSHA, Insurance) or need continuing education credits (Insurance)

Library: since we are required to provide this resource, we are going to offer an online service. Is there any that you can recommend?

Financial Aid: This is not offered in our institution.

The only aspect that I am not directly involved is the financials at the institution level, and that do not seem to pertain to the admissions process

Our institution is very small, this allows me to be involved in almost every aspect of its operations:

Marketing: I was involved in the creation of the flyer and the setup of the association’s website information for the introduction of our services

Courses: I teach some of the courses and was directly involved I the development of the curriculums.

Admissions: Presently I am taking this course in order to comply with the Commission for Independent Education. We do not have a license and decided to use your course as the training program for the future admissions personnel.

Placement: We do not offer this service. The students that come to us are either already employed and are looking for additional licensing (fiber optics, OSHA, Insurance) or need continuing education credits (Insurance)

Library: since we are required to provide this resource, we are going to offer an online service. Is there any that you can recommend?

Financial Aid: This is not offered in our institution.

The only aspect that I am not directly involved is the financials at the institution level, and that do not seem to pertain to the admissions process

As a new employee my knowledge base regarding this institution increases daily. There has been a lot of great information that I have obtained including including my resource book. It been awesome to see how one department connects to another in what we do. I hope this will continue because this campus is expanding and growing.

My knowledge is growing everyday. This position is very similar to what I was doing in the military. Glad to be helping people achieve their dreams.

I need to know as mush as a can about my intitute so that i can better help the prospect that is seeking information. The times i dont have the answer for that person i ask cause it can be something new for me to learn.

I will always strive to learn more but know our policies well. I am sure of the laws and know where to find all key information. By the book

This has been an enlightening experience for me. I feel like I have s good understandin of my institution as I am an owner, in the past have been an instructor, program director and am in charge of accreditation and am now director of admissions. That all being said I do have a bit to learn regarding financial aid.

Although new to admissions, i did work in a different department here. So believe i have that as a "perk". Because i'm already very much informed as to how other departments including academics Run. Applying this to an interviw with a prospective student is vital.

I would rate my knowledge as above average. I have been in higher education for about twelve years: admissions, site director, undergraduate and graduate school professor, etc. I like the fact that now, working in a beauty school, the product mix is focused on the specific industry and a student looking into our programs can easily get what they want. I have seen other institutions that guide prospective students into programs that are related to the overall field but not specifically what the student wants. For example, a student who wants ultra-sound (US)but gets directed to medical assisting because the school doesn't offer US. While both fall into allied health, they are categorically different skill sets.

Having worked for a massive state university operating in Europe as well as a corporate, for-profit school here in Florida, I am now with mid-sized, family-owned institution. This dynamic is interesting and I think that identifying how I can best help my students out is the most fun part.

Happy students make my job easier on multiple levels and a little up-front work figuring out how to navigate the system, procedurally and politically, will enhance the overall process for all involved constituents.

i couldnt agree more. now i am going to sit in some of the course to see how they are conducted and going to schedule more product knowledge in order to learn what other extras are given to our students

I would rate my knowledge about my institution as sufficient and growing. I have undergone over 40 hours of training regarding the facts about my institution, have had conversations with my fellow Admissions Representatives and Financial Aid Officers about specific programs, and I browse the institution website and catalog in my spare time to gain additional knowledge.

My objective is to learn as much as I possibly can as to programs, compliance rules, and academics so I can be knowlegable should questions arise. Therefore the object is to learn new information daily. The learning process is never ending.

Although I have been in the industry for a number of years, I have recently changes schools, this is really solidifying how important Product Knowledge is!!

Leonardo,
Using an online library will be dependent upon your budget and the program offerings. You will still need to have library resources at your school having minimally a dictionary, thesaurus, and relevant trade materials.

Patty Aronoff

Sandra,
It takes a whole campus to produce a graduate. Every department, every staff member has a role.

Patty Aronoff

John,

So exciting, isn't it! That is why we are in this business.

Patty Aronoff

Sign In to comment