Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Resource Notebook..

I'm glad that the topics covered discussed having or creating your own resource notebook I found that to be very effective when becoming an organized agent for my instituion. Thank you for pointing that out. As for now I have no questions.

I agree with you Mike on the fact that being organized would be beneficial and effective when becoming an agent for my intitution. The notebook would give you easy access on important things you might need to tell a potential student.

Mike,
Having a resource at your fingertips is important!

Sarah,
The notebook is a very useful tool and it is important to review often and make sure it stays current!

I agree we need the resource manual to make sure that we are up to date with all the states regulations.

Steven,
The notebook keeps all materials at your fingertips. By adding your own institution's material, you have a comprehensive digest of information.

Great Idea and a valueable tool.

Drew,
Your resource notebook can be the best reference tool. Refer to it often and keep it up-to-date.

It is true, keeping the information up dated it's very important and also having your resource notebook handy to perform the job with excellence and professionalism.

Imaidy,
By updating the notebook, it also provides you an opportunity to revisit the resources. Check the websites often to look for additional information.

I agree! the Resource Notebook is very necessary mainly because it brings attention to a lot of regularly used terms that are taken for granted.

Gary,
Sometimes we become too confident or are so used to terms, we are forgetting the true meaning. The notebook will keep you on track.

I have been in admissions for nearly two years and I have learned alot. It was over 1 year before I realized the importance of having a resourse notebook. I had collected a lot of information and am generally an organized person but the notebook assures that all my information is chronicalized and readily available and I am able to update my resources more accurately.

LaTrina,
This is great news! We are appreciative of your feedback.

Having a resource notebook is a fantastic tool. I like having easy access to my questions and concerns. I will also use it to covay information to our potential students effectivly.

My school has their catalogue online. Everything anyone would ever want to know about courses, tuition, financial aid and school policy is there. It is update bi-annually so any thing new is also reviewed with each individual admissions representative. New programs are being introduced for the fall, they are in our catalog, but we are not to discuss them with potential students until we have gone through new program training. I am glad that all the information is very easily accessible and I can refer to the online catalogue during the interviews with potential students when questions come up that I do not have an immediate answer.

Sheila,
Having the information readily available online gives the prospective student plenty of time to read and digest the information. They are then more prepared for admissions.

I was getting ready to assemble my resource notebook, but a lot of the information is easily accessible. Marketing/advertising is done online as well as applications. The enrollment aggreement is an eleven page document that I'd rather scroll through it than flip pages.
However, I do like the, "How did you hear about us?" question. A lot of my students have family who are in the industry, but the second career applicants can be a mystery.

Having a Facebook page is considered advertising, right?

Alexander,
Facebook is definitely a marketing tool. It is a favorite among many.

I agree. From the day I started working in enrollment I have always kept a notebook/binder of material about the school. Over the past 5 years I have been able to throw away some out of date material but I have certainly been adding more and more material to keep up to dated.

Sign In to comment