Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

For students that live too far away to attend the institute or they may have some sort of disability that makes it hard from the to attend.

To reach new markets, to be competitive, to keep up with technology in education, and to offer convenience to our students.

Truly hands on skills need to be learned hands on. Would you want your massage therapist, medical assistant, cosmetologist learning by not having supervised hands on training? I think not.

Some courses easily lend themselves to online and others need to be more traditionally offered.

Amanda,

So many people don't see that saving space for classes that need to be face to face is a benefit. Good for you!

Linda Scharp

There are many. From the institution's perspective, many schools now offer online programs and therefore it is necessary to stay competitive. Also, it is a way to reach more students because there are fewer geographical and classroom space constraints.

I think one of the reasons is the convenience. Students have the ability to work a full or part time job and still attend class; and complete the requirements for a degree. This is the best of both worlds. Keep cost low and be able to attend school not having to face a mound of debt after graduation.

I teach one class completely online but all my classes are available online and is what I call my living syllabus no student can ever complain that they didn't get the assignment its is available 24-7 Students who are absent can log-in to the course server and check for updates and what is required for the next class.

Everybody is doing it. This what I hear all the time and sometimes it is a little misleading. As I mentioned in my other post I teach one class online
but maintain all my course daily outlines and class assignments online to aid my students, so no longer will a student complain they lost or did not receive the assignment. Students that are absent have no excuse for coming to class the next day without the work completed. I do believe after 35 years in the class room face to face is the best method of training. Only the dedicated student will work well on his/her own. I do believe and have experienced the cost savings as a great benefit for the modern 21st century student and hope on line learning will prove to be as good as it sounds.

The main reason for delivering online courses is to increase the number of students, reaching a wider market that onsite classes .
There are another reasons like flexibility because students can follow the course at their own pace, lack of space that can limit the growing of the onsite classes, competitiveness because another schools offer online classes, and as we are on the internet era, the school needs to update its technology and incorporate this issue in their mission and vision.

It is very important for a school like ours, which provides an unique course that covers a statewide requirement for educational staff extend our reach beyond the geographic area where school is located and I think that the only and the best way to achieve it is offering online classes.

It seems as though people are struggling to find the time to be in the classroom. On-line education is quickly going and becoming the new trend.

I agree with your point and also consider that the main purpose of our institutions must be to provide on-line students a learning environment that allows them to finish their tasks and at the same time understand the matters they receive. So, not only the quantity of students but also the quality of graduated students must be our concern.

My institution wants improvement and also wants to give the chance to teachers who are not graduated from this country and live far from Miami to obtain the Florida Teacher Certification.
I work at Management Resources Institute and we prepare people with Bachelor Degree to certify as teachers in Florida.

Some Institutions offer online courses and programs because they do not have enough space in their classrooms for new students or no possibilities of paying more instructors.

I think the most important reasons are a) to be updated in this world of technology, b) competition, c) to save time and d) to save money.

Online courses are very useful in our present world full of technology, and busy people. On line courses help students safe time and money while they learn and grow professionally.

Because:
1. Has a positive effect on student personal development such as sense of personal efficacy,
personal identity, spiritual growth, and moral development
2. Has a positive effect on interpersonal development and the ability to work well with
others, leadership, and communication skills
3. Has a positive effect on reducing stereotypes and facilitating cultural and racial
understanding
4. Has a positive effect on sense of social responsibility, citizenship skills, and commitment
to service
5. Has an impact on academic outcomes such as demonstrated complexity of understanding,
problem analysis, critical thinking, and cognitive development.
6. Contributes to career development and can influence major and career selection
7. Contributes to stronger student/faculty relationships
8. Has long-term effects that may surface even years after graduation in terms of public
service commitment, willingness to contribute to social causes, and willingness to give
back to one’s institution

Has an impact on academic outcomes such as demonstrated complexity of understanding, problem analysis, critical thinking, and cognitive development.

Contributes to career development and can influence major and career selection

Contributes to stronger student/faculty relationships

Has long-term effects that may surface even years after graduation in terms of public service commitment, willingness to contribute to social causes, and willingness to give back to one’s institution

Has relevancy—it helps to link the often abstract theory of the classroom with day-to-day experiences of students and community members

Builds Community—links students, faculty and the institution of higher learning to the local community and beyond.

Because to:

Has a positive effect on student personal development such as sense of personal efficacy,
personal identity, spiritual growth, and moral development.

Also, Has a positive effect on interpersonal development and the ability to work well with
others, leadership, and communication skills

Besides, Has a positive effect on reducing stereotypes and facilitating cultural and racial
understanding.

In addition, Has a positive effect on sense of social responsibility, citizenship skills, and commitment
to service

Finally, Has an impact on academic outcomes such as demonstrated complexity of understanding,

Has an impact on academic outcomes such as demonstrated complexity of understanding,
Contributes to career development and can influence major and career selection
Contributes to stronger student/faculty relationships
Has long-term effects that may surface even years after graduation in terms of public
service commitment, willingness to contribute to social causes, and willingness to give
back to one’s institution
Has relevancy—it helps to link the often abstract theory of the classroom with day-to-day
experiences of students and community members
Builds Community—links students, faculty and the institution of higher learning to the
local community and beyond.
Sources

Because students may access to studies conveniently.

Sign In to comment