Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Webex

I love to use the Cisco Webex tool that the school I teach at offers. This is a great way to communicate with my entire class. Not only does it provide a personal atmosphere with phone line conversation, visuals are provided as well. I feel it gives the students a great environment for learning and connecting with me as well as their classmates.

Ellen,

Anything you can do to connect content and the students is essential. Thanks.

Hi Ellen,

I, too, use Cisco Webex at the online school that I teach at. Because I teach medical coding it is an excellent tool for the students. There are some students who use webcamp, but I;m a littlt too shy for that especially since I'm on at 7am CST 4 days a week. I am able to upload coding scenarios for which the students already have their coding books and we code away. Each session lasts an hour and it is very beneficial to the students.

Thanks,
Letitia

Letitia,

Any technology that allows you to interact and work with students is a plus. Nice job.

Ellen,
Webex is a great tool. I use it all the time, and have had many students deliver presentations with it. Do you see any down side to it?

Dale and Ellen,

Yes, there are many good tools. It's finding the right one that works for you and your students. I have been in WebX seminars as the participant, but have not led one. I have used Adobe Connect (similar) however and love it.

GoToTraining is a great alternative to Adobe Connect and WebEx. They are all great large group, synchronous tools. I also like VoiceThread to use for asynchronous communication. Communication can be audio, video, or text-based. It allows collaboration by whatever method a student is more comfortable. It is really easy for an instructor to set up and manage.

Nicole,

There are so many technologies that work like Adobe Connect and it is good you found one that meets your needs. Keep communication with students and providing content in various ways. Thanks for sharing.

Sign In to comment