Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Dependent Learners

Can online dependent learners cheat the system and only do the basic minimum to pass the class and not really learn the subject content fully?

Absro,

I guess it depends how your courses and program are set up. Minimum does usually mean minimum so that would be a "D" or "C" depending on your definition. There are a lot of students that graduate from College with an "A" and lots that barely get by but still get the minimum to graduate....

Herbert Brown III

Hi Absro
In my experience, I have had some students that try to post the minimum .So what I try to do is ask more questions to make sure they understand the work in the module. I also look for details in the answers with a connection of the course learning objective.

Juan ,

I also try to prompt my students with questions to get them to dig deeper in to a discussion forum. I also try to leave the discussions open enough for them to connect the learning with their own personal experiences which tends to give the students more motivation to provide a more in-depth response to a question.

Herbert Brown III

Sign In to comment