Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Online Teaching

I believe that online teaching takes more organization with schedules and the instructors need to be more flexible with time in comparison to a brick -n- Mortar Instructor. I do feel that both types of instructors are equal in their duties and obligations to the students.

Kimberly

I agree that online teaching does require a great deal of organization and time management--just like it does for the online student. Thanks for your comments Kimberly.

In an online learning environment where the students and the instructor meet for a shared learning experience in the same place which is the online classroom but at different times, the dynamic is much different than a regular on-site classroom environment. Verbal communication is largely replaced by text. Therefore the online classroom can be a scary place for students and instructors who are unfamiliar with the environment.

Angel,
That very large difference is one of the foundational adjustments, as you stated, for students and instructors. In your experience, have you run across any especially helpful approaches to this difficulty? Thank you for your insights.

Dr. S. David Vaillancourt

Sign In to comment