Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Self-assessment column on rubric - golden!

I loved the suggestion to add a self-assessment column to rubrics and have the student actively engage in their own assessment - what a powerful idea; and one that I hadn't thought of on my own - thanks!

Patricia,

Great! Glad you find tips in this forum and course helpful. I find the students do better when they self-assess first using the rubric. Thanks!

This is wonderful! I think having the student complete a self assessment before seeing the final grading is a great way to reflect. It's providing the probing questions on the self-reflection to guide the student in critical thinking to improve learning.

Leigh,

Self-reflection is good for students and good for instructors too. Many times we don't take enough time to do that.

Thanks for your input.

What a great idea! I plan to include the self-assessment column to rubrics in the future. Knowing that this will be a part of the assessment process might encourage a greater investment in completing the associated assignment.

Beatrice ,

Any little thing we can do to encourage students to self-assess and reflect on their learning is a good thing. Thanks for your input.

Allowing other students to give feedback is extremely helpful in my classes! They seem to learn so much from one another... and enjoy the communication!

Denise,

I'm so glad it works for you. I too have found peer feedback to be very effective. Thanks.

Sign In to comment