Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Hybrid Courses

Do hybrid courses present a greater challenge for instructors since some of the information is presented online; while some is F2F?
Jorell Lawrence

Jorell,

I find that when I teach a course online, it enhances my f2f courses. I use many of my online techniques in f2f because good teaching is good teaching. I find many of my f2f students will spend more time in the content if I provide little recordings of important information. Also, if you want to flip your classroom, the online strategies are perfect.

Dr. Kelly Wilkinson

I use my classroom for lecture and discussion, and for student presentations, then use the online system for more in-depth discussion board posts and also for submitting assignments. I find this to be the most effective "split" between the two formats.

Christen Embry

Christen,

You have a great strategy. You are using technology judiciously and effectively. When you connect the technology with the learning everyone wins!

Dr. Kelly Wilkinson

Good question Jorell.

I believe that Hybrid course provide a better way for students and instructors because it eliminates time.

On one hand, students need to comply with the online component and have questions ready for the F2F component with the instructor.

On the other hand, instructors get the chance to meet and evaluate students on how they understand the topics and if they are getting the knowledge and skills in that specific course.

Broderick,

This can get complicated just by the definitions. The different delivery methods can meet a variety of needs for students. Students do need to understand they must be prepared for course regardless of the delivery method and we have to set the expectations.

Dr. Kelly Wilkinson

Sign In to comment