Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Online Facilitator

If you do not feel you are getting the support needed from your online facilitator, how would you handle it?

Roshawna,

I would look at contacting the distance support services. I have that information posted for students in all of my courses.

Dr. Kelly Wilkinson

At my school there are student advisers that step in at the student request

Kevin,

That is an interesting action. What is a student adviser.

Dr. Kelly Wilkinson

Excellent question Roshawna.

Normally if the student does not get the support needed from the online facilitator, the student will contact his/her counselor. The counselor then sends an e-mail to the online facilitator to let him/her know that the student is trying to contact the facilitator without any response.

It is right there where the issue should stop, but I have seen going all the way to the Faculty Manager or anyone above the online facilitator.

Broderick,

For many online students, there isn't an advocate for them; if it isn't the instructor. There really should be a "safety valve" for students.

Dr. Kelly Wilkinson

Dr. Kelly,

I need to post such information in all of my courses because every term since to manifest with increased technology issues to be resolved, from the teacher and/or the students' perspective.

Derrick,

True, you may not have all of the technology answer but you better know where to find them or find someone! You don't want the technology to become the barrier.

Dr. Kelly Wilkinson

Sign In to comment