Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Guiding students

I can see how guiding students is an important part of an online instructors role. We need to have the skills to guide and direct our students.

Is anyone aware of any web sources that help you to become a better facilitator?
Thank you
Michele

Michele,

Look at this site, it may provide some information that will help you. http://www.facultyfocus.com/articles/distance-learning/a-checklist-for-facilitating-online-courses/ .

Dr. Kelly Wilkinson

Dr. Wilkinson, I think one of the real problems we have with online learning is that we do not have a lot of articles written about online pedagogy… And in fact, this course is the best collection of information I have ever come across related to effective online pedagogy. Have you heard this from other students? Thank you. Mike Crowley

Michael,

I am glad the course provided you with pedagogy support. I suggest that you find a listserv that provides you with strategies that will help you. The Online Classroomis a great resource.
Dr. Kelly Wilkinson

Good point Michele--The "shoes" provided in the materials here is a really valuable framework to consider as we perform in our faculty roles while teaching online--Dr Jim Young

James,

i think we have to be more than the content manager you have to be the conduit for the engagement.

Dr. Kelly Wilkinson

Sign In to comment