Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I did not know that virtual internships were something offered. Very interesting. 

Intership scams was something I did not know about until taking this module. Interesting information

I learned the types of businesses and professions that offer VIs and how to avoid scam VIs. I don't think it is directly applicable to the type of internships our program needs, but I think a portion of our internships might be able to use a virtual component along with in person responsibilities.

The idea of a VI is new to me. I never thought about it. I also did not realize there are fake VI jobs posted out there too. 

Until this course, I was unaware that there were "scammers" who engaged in job postings.

As a 30 year veteran of the Medical Coding and Billing arena, remote positions have always been available and the global pandemic has increased the "work from Home" oppotunity.  Learning about fraud and remote scams will assist with helping my students find a legitimate externship for the MCB profession and a career opportunity.    

VI is becoming more prominent as some work is remote. 

Sign In to comment