Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

In fact, the institution where a student obtained his or her degree should not be used as a criteria to selecting the best candidate for employment. Actually, I have taught at a traditional degree granting institution for fifteen years, and online degree granting institution for eleven years. With these experiences, I strongly believe that every student is different and excellence should be based on individual performances and abilities, without minding which institution the student obtained his or her degree.

Hello Jane, I agree that accreditation should be an important factor in assessing educational standards.There are important principles the accreditation agencies require institutions to follow to enhance students' education. The same academic standards are not required. Here, I am referring to Regionally Accredited versus Nationally Accredited institutions. Degrees and certifications from regionally accredited online and regionally accredited traditional institution should be viewed the same.

Dr. Francis,
Oh I so agree with this. Every student is as different as every instructor. We as instructors are given courses to teach based on our individual performances and abilities!

Shelly Crider

Sign In to comment