Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

it is more like person to person training when in class hands on.

I believe students online can be difficult if they are not motivated or easily distracted. May depend on their learning style. I still believe that lab and skills are important hands on.

Students can learn theory from different sources, but applications, skills or hands-on skills are  very important in Nursing. During Covid we became creative in showing videos of skills, Swift River scenarios but we found out that students still lagging on hands on and  had difficulty applying theory learned from watching videos of the procedures.  Performing the skills multiple times is more effective in gaining mastery of specific procedure. 

Students want to lean! but more than that they want to create and make things work. Its called art! 

Online learning is encouraged, but in person is of more value.

online learning is superior to in- person learning for a variety of reasons

Comment on JUNE VASQUEZ's post: 100% agree

As a trade school instructor students need to see and use real tools with real equipment before myself as their mentor feel comfortable sending them out in the real world.  Now that being said, we do have a computer room with dozens of stations where students have access to all kinds of modules, simulators, and many interactive programs that are very useful.

Hand-on learning is extremely beneficial for students .

That you free up the faster learners from the slower ones.

I have learned that I need to utilize online tools since so much of the world has basically been in an experiment through Covid-19 and at-home learning, and we have learned a lot about how students connect with effective online tools. We need to lean in and use what is great instead of resisting the way things are going with technology. I am interested in trying to use the Anylogic Simulation Software that was given as an example. I think many students can get a lot from something like this. I would be interested in if anyone has used it and in which context. How did it go? 

Other topics I have found interesting in this class so far are using technology to differentiate Instruction, promoting communicative learning, and the encouragement to emphasize understanding over memorization. I do wonder if students can feel inundated and bored with too much technology and screen time in school. In my district at least, we use a ton of technology, and often I see students wanting more personal connection and discussion. 

Sign In to comment