Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

The Arrival of Tablets | Origin: ED127

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic:

Tablets as Teaching Tools --> Arrival of Tablets

Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post questions and comments too.

Introducing the use of tablets in the classroom makes sense; many students are already using these devices in home and school applications.

I am not clear yet, but with this online challenge due to covid it is relevant. 

Tablets are preferred over laptops

Different types of technolgy are needed for specific course topics. Pick the right one you need for your area and the needs of the students to be successful.

Where do I start I just learned so much able they and my views have changed about all the good use I can get out of them for myself and my students.

Tablets can be useful in the class as long as the teacher shows the value of use that it has.

I really liked the commetn of the use of the tablet in comparison with real estate. Tablets highly consider Apps, Apps, Apps. Meaninbg the tablet should be viewed at it hightst regard with the number of Apps that can be utilized or received. Tablets make real sense to me it can be very instrumental in  the class or lab. 

Very interesting. I would have thought tablets were the choice of students

Introducing the tablet  to the classroom is part on the new technical age of education.

Tablets are able to store all of the students ebooks, coursework, assignments and lessons.

Tablets provide instant opportunities for students to learn and gain important concepts.

Tablets have many advantages, as have been listed, and there are thousands of apps that are available to you and your students. I plan to explore different apps that will be beneficial to the courses I teach. 

Tablets without adding value to objectives and learning outcomes are easily just distractions.

This information is very good and useful, but unfortunately being that I work in an correctional facility I will not be able to utilize a tablet.

Tablets are good to use in the classroom.

Definitely need to think through my intentions for use in order to research the best practices.  This will include knowing apps I wish you to use.  Practicing using them myself so I am familiar with them and fully understand the benefit they will offer to my students' instruction.    I am not going to just take suggestions, read up on good tablets and or apps.  I will know what I need and the reasons why.  Then I will become comfortable/fluent in it through personal usage before I introduce it to my students.  

Of my students using electronic devices, all used laptops.

Laptops have a better ease of use with a build-in-keboard than a tablet. We have so many screens at NoVa there really isn't a need for a tablet unless you need access to questions or notes at the same time you are teaching, which isn't effective in terms of deliverly anyway.

Tablets without effective classroom management becomes an entertainment device.

Sign In to comment