Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Classroom Technology for an Old School New Educator.

Becoming an educator late in life was exciting and challenging.  Technology is a wonderful tool in combination with real world experience.  Learing to use and facilitate technology was frightening at first and now has opened my mind to different ways of education. New learners appreciate and relate to technology, it is a must for educators,  keeping in mind to utlize many methodologies in instruction for a well rounded student and education.

I am in agreement with you, I am also held back by a protected ciriculum and copyrights , so I am not sure how to incorporate some of this, but i plan to access some of the info sites listed to find out

I enjoy and embrace the use of technology in my classroom.  But as an "old school" guy, it can be intimidating knowing I am struggling to learn these things that my learners are already adept at using.  I sometimes fear my use of technology is too basic for my students.   

Change is always good, especially keeping the mind sharp and up-to-date. I love a challenge when it comes to technology. It was not this easy when I grew up in a classroom, very old school.

Nowdays students grow up learning with technology and expect it. It's up to us to provide interesting ways to use all the tools available.

I am also not a technology native but I am enjoying learning and having shared learning with my students.

Nowdays students grow up learning with technology and expect it. It's up to us to provide interesting ways to use all the tools available.

I am also not a technology native but I am enjoying learning and having shared learning with my students.

Sign In to comment