Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Skype Guest Speaker

I haven't done this yet but I'm seriously thinking about doing it.

I haven't either and really do want to have a guest speaker for my students. The problem I am having is being able to schedule the speaker during class time due to their work schedule. I am going to suggest setting up a Skype session with a business professional which may be more accommodating to his schedule.

Theresa,

You could record the presentation fairly easily. Below is a link to a short video that will walk you through the process:
http://www.melaclaro.com/2013/10/23/screencast-skype-interview-part2/

Wishing you continued success in the classroom.

Theresa Schmitt

I have completed this using the Cisco tele-presence program and have achieved amazing results. If you have the ability to incorporate the highest levels of technology possible, it creates a higher feeling of actually being present. Participation levels are also increased when using live video internet feeds when the instructor is presented with background on the students. By preparing the presenting instructor ahead of time with information on the students, something as simple as a roster, you can create a deep dialogue and actually call upon the audience to participate.
-Mark

Mark,

Thanks for sharing your video confrenecing experience in the classroom and some tips for meaningful engagement between the guest speaker and the students.

Theresa Schmitt

I think having guest speakers by Skype could be fun. This would bring a whole new light to having someone speak to a class. Your options of who you can get to speak is not limited to someone in your area or having to fly someone in. I think it really can be useful.

Our Medical Director sometimes comes and lectures to the class. I think using Skype would be a better option.

I think having Skype speakers is a great way to make lectures more interesting

Sign In to comment