Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

A positive attitude in the classroom goes a very long way with your students . Ihave found that the overall health of the class to rise with a highly motivated and positive instructer.

totally agree.
if you potray a bad attitude you will recieve a negative response.

I agree! It is important to have a positive attitude. I am always upbeat and excited with regard to the class content and students' achievements. Sometimes, however, students' personal problems seem so insurmountable, empathy and understanding are the best way to encourage them to be strong and do the best they can to persevere.

Rosemary,
our students do come with a lot of issues. We can be there to help them. Not solve their issues, but to help them through school so their issues become smaller ones in the future.
Philip Campbell

Totally agree! I'm not going to lie...I teach a couple of pretty boring topics (required), but I try to make them as exciting as I can so that the students will learn. I try to relate the content to real life or try to tell funny stories that go along with the content so that they understand it better. If I'm upbeat about the topic, then they will be more willing to listen and learn.

Sign In to comment