Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

ED104 Class Management Strategies

I was oh so very excited to see that what I was reading/listening to was reinforcing what I have been doing in my theory classes over the last 10 plus years. At first I was told by many instructors you have way too much energy and need to be more "traditional" on how you lecture to your students, I took that as I needed to be more "boring" which I personally experienced as a student many times going through not only high school but college as well.

I love what I teach and do as a profession... and I love having my students feel my passion which in turn motivates them to learn and learn well!!!

This was such a helpful comment because it reminds us that people will soemtimes miss the beauty of a lively teacher - and it sounds like you were engaged and making content come alive. 

I also was glad to be reminde dof this from this unit and my biggest takeaway is that good management involves the intro of a good sylabbus and all that - and also involves the instructor managing by offering "a wide variety of activities to offer" - and so we are not only allowed to bring in some fresh activiites= it is part of good management as we help them see the coursework in new ways and as relevant to their lives. 

and Michelle - thank goodness we do not have to teach in that traditional mode - and it sounds like your class is the kind I would want to be in. 

Oh and my other takeway from this course was the video about two anxieties students have about being "in" and how the intstructor can make their sharing unfold with strength: when the student talks, work with them to make them sound better and better (edify) work with them – as we have an obligation by example so they know they can share without expertise"

Sign In to comment