Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

different ways

quick question: how do some of you all control the classroom when you see some students want you to go faster with the information then you have ones that are not understanding and you need to slow down what you are presenting. and then you have a student that wants to take over/  would llove to hear some tips and ideas as to how you are able to get the class back on the learning track and making sure everyone understands

What I do is I break the students into groups, and I then spend extra time with my students that may be taking a little longer then most. This works well and I also hand out guides with their work so that they have access to notes at home as well.

Reply to shantana robinson's post: thank you so much, today I did this and it really work it is bringing some students out of their comfort zone but everyone seemed to be enjoying the little change

Hello Michelle,

I agree with the reply by Shantana. That method really helps as the experienced students will help you in teaching the inexperienced ones which enables you to be in "multiple" places at once. The other thing I would add is that I usually ask a new class where they are with the material. By taking some time at the beginning of the class to ascertain where everyone's knowledge is at, I am able to identify which area(s) need more focus and provide each student with their own self evaluation for where they are. I can then create tailored curriculum that allows me to give all the material that is required by the course while making sure that each student feels satisfied.

I will usually keep the classroom moving by asking those that present questions that arent focued on the lecture to ask me during our break time. Also, as i get to know the class and the students I begin to incorporate the answers to the questions that I know the students may ask.

Sign In to comment