Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Classroom Management Best Practices

What are some of your Classroom Management Best Practices? How effective are they?

Keeping students actively involved in the class and providing encouraging or corrective feedback to students about their specific behaviors and work are two of my best classroom management practices. Most of my adult students want to feel like they are in control of their educational situation . Keeping my students involved makes them more eager to do their best work. Giving my students praise and words of encouragement helps boost their self esteem on a personal level as well as educational.

I like to ask lost of questions to the students, some of them are softballs that I think almost any of them can hit, and then I will toss a few 100MPH fastballs that catch everyone off guard (I usually previse these with a "I don't expect you to know this yet as we have not covered it but dos anyone...) and if I don't get an answer I will ask them to venture a guess. It opens the class up for discussion (and lets me know who has been reading ahead in the book).

Sign In to comment