Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Different Styles

I really liked the portion about rapport, because I struggle with needing to feel liked. This really helped me with the balance of being respected and liked

Judy, great to hear that the class provided you with some takeaways. What actions do you plan to take within the next 30 days to ensure what you have learned is retained and put into some type of action? Thanks for anything you can share.

James Jackson

I'm sure we all have a little of each of these styles in our routine. I think it will be useful going forward to self identify and try to lead with the best practices.

Olmarys, what you want to takeaway here is how a good Guide knows when to take control, when to show empathy, and when to allow students to have autonomy of their own learning. As a Guide, focus on how you can assist your students and to prepare them for the real world and not just the lesson plans within your curriculum. Students will eventually have to leave the controlled environment provided by higher education and at that point the skills they have gained from college will be the skills they must use to become successful. The more we as instructors can Guide the way versus taking control the better off our students become.

James Jackson

Sign In to comment