Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

making mistakes

I have made many mistakes and have learned from them,I hope not to make anymore.

Hello Choppy,
You are human; you will make more mistakes. I have been teaching for 20 years, and occassionally, I make mistakes. Mistakes are inevitable.
Patricia

I believe that making mistakes is a very important part of the learning process. I know many people try to go through life without making mistakes and I think it's important, but I feel that I learn more from the mistakes I've made than those that I haven't. In some ways, I view mistakes as a positive as long as you learn from them.

Hi Jesus,
Nicely responded to! There are some people that walk on egg shells because they do not want to make mistakes. Have fun and enjoy life, and learn through trial and error. Sometimes mistakes can be the best way to teach a lesson.
Patricia

I agree 100%
I also think it doesnt hurt a student to see that you have made a mistake. Sometimes, we are held to such high standards that students cant relate to that as well; knowing a mistake was made could make them feel more comfortable, AS LONG AS you end up leading by example and LEARN from the mistake and correct it.

Hi Kim,
We are surely held to very high standards. It is good for students to know that we are not perfect, and it is okay to make mistakes, as long as you learn from them.
Patricia

No one is perfect in this life. So we all are entitle to make mistakes, correct them and keep going.

Hi Chinetta,
That's right! As long as we live WE are going to make mistakes.
Patricia

Walking on eggshells is no way to do things for me. I think if someone is subjected to this kind of environment, the learning process is stunted. Students like anyone else should not be afraid of making mistakes. Making the same mistakes over and over again though would seem as though no learning has taken place.

Sign In to comment