Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Silent Students

I agree that it is best to integrate the silent student into various groups that allow their input to be heard.

Can you give me some ideas on how to help them in class. I have a student that is silent and will not really talk in class.

Hi Claudia,
Try to reach out to this student. Make small talk, greet the student, smile at the student, give the student some type of leadership role when the opportunity presents itself, ask the student opinionated type questions during lecture time instead of right or wrong answers to questions, etc.

Patricia Scales

Is there really anything you can do aboutthis???? quiet students, just are shy, are just a real quiet... That's just their personality.

Hi Kim,
I understand, but do what you can to try to pull them in. I like to give them leadership roles when it comes to group projects.

Patricia Scales

I do understand and thank you... But what do you do if that student doesn't break out of their shell, no matter what you try?? Just wondering?

Hi Kim,
Well, there is not much you can do. Some students simply will not break out of their shell. All we can do is try. You can not change a person's personality.

Patricia Scales

The use of information cards was like a 'light-bulb' for me. What an excellent idea.

Sign In to comment