Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Cheaters

I have no patiants for cheaters.

I don't either; however, I have another problem. If we do catch cheaters and report them to the administration, we are treated as though we did something wrong. There is no backup. Most often the only thing that happens to the student is that he/she receives a zero for that assignment. I don't know of any who have been expelled for cheating.

I assure all cell phones are away and silent during the testing process since Ive caught a few cheating by texting answers to others in the class.
I cant stand cell phones in class for this reason, well, that and Farmville.

I understand and have experienced this issue as far as bringing an issue to administration and being treated as if I were the offending party. It seems as if in an education for profit institution, the cash flow is the primary concern for administrators and education being primary for instructors. It seems to me that this sets up a " Us -vs- Them mentality in the workplace that is counterproductive to say the least.

We have a ppt that at the beginning of class indicates the "expelltion can occur" if caught cheating. At no time has any student been expelled,and the degree of difficulty in "proving" the instance is so great,that they get an "attempt" for the hands-on task. In the ever present quest to get "A"s, learning becomes secondary to the educational process.

Hi Tony,
We have in our students handbook and students are told at orientation that cheating can lead into expulsion. Out of my 22-year tenure, I remember one student being expelled, simply because she had a second offense. You would think that they would learn from the first go round.
Patricia

Sign In to comment