Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Giving them a reason for learning.

By showing relevancy of course content, the student will be able to learn the course content and or master the skills necessary be successful in their careers easier.

When we show them why were are to learn what we are teaching and who it will work in a job situation as how they will applie it then I beleave it give them the why they sould be learning it.

Hi Denise,
I concur! We have to get students to undersand the why as to why they are taking a particular course.

Patricia Scales

giving students a reason to learn is very important!they must have a clear understanding why!and how it will work for them,with out a understanding,and how it is applied,the student will be lost,will loose focus,motivation,and expectations.you must be clear with the tools you teach them with,so the student can be successful,if their not successful with learning skills,they wont be successful in the career world.
mr zach bernal.

I have found that the Gestalt "AHA" moment occurs when,( in my case nursing students) see a direct correlation between what they learn and how it makes a difference to clients in the real world.
There is a true sense of empowerment and team work when a nursing student helps a client achieve something for the first time. A student may learn the signs and symptoms of hypoglycemia (low blood glucose) but the first time they see it, recognize it, act on it and see the outcomes is a moment that "cements" the learning and applications forever!!!!

Hi Brenda,
I concur! Once a student witnesses what they have learned in the classroom is actually real in the working world, it is forever glued in their brain.

Patricia Scales

Sign In to comment