Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

successs

Setting the stage for this learning experiance is the most important thing to be consistant with. That way each class will begin and end the same way, unless changes must be added.

I agree. However I do mix it up a little so that a new class doesn't expect the "same old routine"

I try to do something different each new class.

I start each class the same . but as I get a feel for the group I try to make them feel comfortable.
I also talk about how what they learn in my class will affect them later .

I like keeping the class interesting but consistancy and maintaing class controll is more important than just having fun

I try to start each class the same. getting to know the students and trying to figure out where they are at as far as what they acctually know about the subject!

Success is measured in many ways and is individual to each student. I explain to the students that I expect them to reach for their own inner best and to challenge themselves to grow throughout the course. Consistency in basic practices is essential to their success, so daily lesson goals written on the board and connective dialogue from the prior day keep focus on the learning and foster the setting for success. I have often referred back to many years as a coach for little league baseball. Each player (student)is different and needs to work toward their individual talent level. If they strive an attain this goal then the measure of their success is equal to anyone elses. I try to let the students focus on competition within themselves. Remember that sometimes success comes in small packages...and can happen many times a day. I also agree with the other posts about keeping the class fluid and adapting to each class as they are all different and will require inventive approaches to learning.

i do the same thing !

I agree with all of the postings. One of the most important aspects of starting a class is beign consistent. Once you learn the personality of your class you can taylor your teaching style to fit their specfic needs. By doing this, you'll give the students a sense of individualized consideration and it will also keep the instructor engaged in the class.

Hi Jesus,
I always tell my new instructors, there are many personalities in your class you must learn. If you have a class of 25 students, the instructor's job is challenging, he or she must learn 25 different personalities. It is important to know your students.
Patricia

I agree. However I do mix it up a little so that a new class doesn't expect the "same old routine"

Hi Rami,
It is always good to mix things up a little whenever it comes to education. Continue to try new things.
Patricia

I agree that setting the stage for consistancy is important. I try to keep a class intro each day and briefly go over what is on the day's agenda. I also like to take the last five minutes of class to go over and re-enforce what we covered on the day.

Hi David,
I like your ideas of begining and ending a class.
Patricia

Sign In to comment