Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

time and stress management

it is assumed that all of us deal with stress in one form or another. I suppose this is somewhat true. never the less. I always believe that stressing out or not stressing out is a choice we make relative to the circumstance at the time. sometimes doing nothing other than rethinking the situation is adaquate to relieve the so called stress. one persons stress is anothers joy. the key is to not allow anyone or anything steal your joy. not even yourself. think and stay positive and dedicated, know that you are doing the best you can be and accept the stress relief associated with this way of thinking.

I like your thinking Raymond. Yes, sometimes our reaction to stress can be controlled by our outlook and perspective. Other times it just can't however. It's best to try to make the best of things and enjoy as much of our time as we possibly can!

I agree with keeping a positive attitude so as to not allow joy to be removed from your life. One thing that I have done to eliminate stressors is to find what is creating issues and make changes. For instance, there was a daily issue in my home about having and using ice. Family members failed to refill ice cube trays, failed to empty the trays, and sometimes there was not any ice at all. The final solution was to get a new refrigerator with an automatic ice maker that dispenses at the door. The conflicts eliminated immediately and stress over the issue was gone.

Raymond, very good examples of how to cope with stress and stay positive. Each person views stress differently...and as you said, one person's view of stress can be different than anothers.

I think if we find ways to destress our selves, we can manage stress levels in a better way.

I agree with your view that, “stressing out or not stressing out is a choice we make relative to the circumstance.” I feel that when we find ourselves in a stressful situation we must first feel confident that we can find a solution to the stressful situation. Next we can put in on a to-do list and start prioritizing the items on our list. If the situation allows we should give ourselves time to come up with a solution. If time allows discuss the situation with people who have your best interests at heart. You should tell yourself that no matter what the situation is, it not worth allowing the situation to have a negative effect on our health.

I have found that it helps to think of stressors as challenges rather than threats and to take pride in having dealt with difficult tasks rather than feeling bummed out that a day was stressful.

Of course, it is also essential to have some time off. Too many teachers do not have sufficient time to unwind at the end of the week.

Edward, I like the idea of calling problems 'opportunities' so I'm right there with you. A lot of time, life is all about how we look at things. So true about needing time off too. Too many teachers give so much to others that they have no time for themselves.

Dr. Melissa Read

I agree. To stress out does nothing but make the situation worse. In the end, the issue still has to be handled. Just take things as they come and you can eventually eliminate it from your "to do" list. Remember, you are only ONE person :).

Sign In to comment