Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

relieving stress

I have found that working out, stretching and just taking a moment to sit quietly has helped my stress level.

I agree, For me running on the treadmill works great.

The gym sounds good... For some other people reading a book or listening to music is good as well.

Indeed. And what’s nice about these techniques is that they are so portable. Unlike the gym, you can bring music or a book with you to have during the day.

I think that anything you can do to relax yourself, even if its only for a few minutes is a huge stress reliever.

Indeed. Just a few minutes each day can make a dramatic difference on how we feel.

I relieve my stress by taking long walks and playing with my horse. The sense of the outdoors gives me a sense of relaxation and piece of mind.

I agree! The outdoor environment can really do so much to clear the mind.

I listen to audiobooks on my iPod while walking on the treadmill for 30 minutes a day. When I don't exercise, I feel much more tense and stressed out.

I agree! Exercise is a huge stress reliever for me! My life is very busy with many different roles, including the role of a mom to a 8 month old baby boy! My life is rarely quiet. I find getting out once a week for coffee by myself, or to yoga goes a very long way! Most times I feel too busy to do these things, but I am always happy I did!
Lori

I agree Choppy. Also talking with other instructors can be very helpful for venting or just being a good listener can help you to work throught stress. J.P.

Sign In to comment