Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Managing Stress Effectively.

In order to manage stress effectively; one must be honest with him/herself about the type of stress being experienced. The individual must be able to identify the type of stress, or get the necessary help in identifying the type of stress being experienced. Once the stressors are identified, then something can be done to work on those stressors and reduce stress significantly. I now have a wider understanding about stress, in that it can affect you short term and leads into long term effects.(Good Course.)

Making the stress list is a good idea.

I recognize that for me to deal with effectively; a stress list is essential, so I can prioritize and decided which stressor to eliminate or reduce or to keep. The stress list serves as a guide in helping me to tackle each stressor appropriately.

Creating a stress list is an excellent idea. I have always had task lists, but never thought about identifying ALL my stressors as a means to resolve them. I only thought about the most irritating ones. Listing them all helps me to see the big picture. Thank you for this tip. I am now managing my stress from a different view.

WILBERT, Sounds like a list would give you peace of mind. It's great to be able to get thoughts out of your head and on paper.

Dr. Melissa Read

Sign In to comment