Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Stress Related Ilness

I know from my own experience that when I am stressed out my productivity level decreases. When this happens I look for positive, constructive ways to reduce my stress level to become more productive.

I have experienced the same. I don't always find "positive, constructive ways" to reduce stress, however.
What are some of the things you do to reduce stress?

I find that taking time to read for pleasure, or making time to go to the gym (even if only for a 20 or 30 min workout) can help quite a bit.

I truly agree .I go to the gym everyday after work and its worth it. It is something about the body when it becomes mentally tired.The mind react to stress to make you think its physical, but mental. Now the body feels tired and Stress becomes powered by the lack of energy.The body cells have to be Energized through replenished cells. The two phases of motabolism is (Anabolism) that builds up cellular tissue, and (Catabolism)this phase breaks down the complex compounds within cells into smaller ones. So I say exercise and eat right.It does the body good .

Donald,

I understand completely. But sometimes it is difficult to find time to be positive because of deadlines or meetings or doctor's appointments. I enjoy my backyard. I walk around and look at all the fruit trees and my son's pumpkin patch. The serenity of my yard helps me remember why I do what I do.

Robert Inman
Adjunct Instructor

Taking a few minutes for yourself each day is a good way to relieve stress.

I find not stressing over small things helps to keep productivity moving

Manny, So true. Stressing over small things can be a big time waster. Sometimes it's better just to start addressing tasks instead of worrying about them.

Dr. Melissa Read

Sign In to comment