Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Self Imposed Stress

I have found that my own self imposed stress came about because my high expectations from my family more than the actual school I teach at . I am learning slowly though to filter out the negative and focus on the positive things in teaching I have going for me and I am much better now because of it.

The longer that you are involved in education, the more that you will realize that sometimes there are more than one right answer or solutions to problems.

I have found that it is helpful to sit down with family members, especially my husband, and talk about expectations--both mine and theirs. Understanding where each person is coming from really helps everyone's perspectives and allows us to work out what we can and to accept the things that can't be changed.

Teaching is a mental game. I think the best teachers are able to manage their stress levels well and make the distinction between self imposed stress and tasks needing immediate attention. Prioritizing and setting daily schedules can help prevent extra stress.

Sign In to comment