Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Grading tests

I find it helpful if the students use only capital letters with multiple choice (A,B,C,D)
this takes the confussion out of decodeing if an a looks like a d.
Also, I have them use an A to = Ture and an
B to= False. This makes grading quicker.

Interesting approach Lisa. Sometimes these little things can make a big difference.

I FIND IT EASIER FOR ME TO USE THE MULTIPLE CHOICE METHOD BECAUSE SOMETIMES USING LONG ANSWER RESPONSE, SOME STUDENTS WILL WRTE LONG ESSAYS INSTEAD

Good point Mau. When using long answer response, it’s important to set student expectations in the test instructions for how long their responses should be. When instructors don’t set limits to response length, students can sometimes write too much and this can be time consuming to grade.

I only give a few tests, usually just the Final Exam. Everything else is labwork. Scantrons are lifesavers! All of my tests are graded on scantrons.

Scantrons are absolutely lifesavers! Computerized testing also works great once you get it figured out.

I sometimes use scantron, but I like to see where the students are at from their answer's. I also get their test's back to them the very next class.

This is a great point Andrea. Scantrons are good. But sometimes we learn more about student progress through open-ended qualitative responses. So it can be beneficial to balance the two.

I prefer this method as well. It also is helpful to have the students grade each other tests

Sign In to comment